To help daters navigate the modern world of online dating, dating app, OkCupid asked daters for the ‘do’s’ and ‘don’ts’ when it comes to the most appealing dating app profile pictures.
With the latest research revealing the biggest turn on’s and turn off’s, OkCupid has developed the ‘perfect formula’ for creating an online dating profile in a bid to help UK singletons enhance their chances for getting more matches at first sight.
So what are the do’s and don’ts to attract a potential match on a dating app?
- Smiling in profile pictures is definitely a turn on, with 95% of daters agreeing smiling in selfies is best
- Whether it’s from the infamous ‘gap yah’ or recent hike up Ben Nevis, almost 9 in 10 (86%) of daters find adventurous photos to be appealing
- Active wear is a good look in profile pics, according to 65% of OkCupid daters
- When it comes to pets, we’re a nation of self-confessed animal lovers with over 88% of daters saying that photos with pets make great profile pictures
Here’s some of OkCupid’s top tips on how to make your profile pictures stand out:
1. Upload a variety of photos. Having a variety of photos helps people see more of who you are and what you like to do. Start with a solo picture, then add in photos from trips or where you’re enjoying a hobby like…